Yes. In South Carolina, Hemp-Derived Delta 9 THC is allowed and you can purchase online from any reputable company regardless of what state you purchase from.
The 2018 Farm Bill made a massive wave in the cannabis industry because it federally legalized all cannabinoids and products that derive from hemp. This bill paved the way for many legislators to pass their own hemp laws.
As of this writing, Delta 9 THC is legal in South Carolina. This law came into effect after Governor Henry McMaster signed South Carolina House Bill 3449. This bill legalized all derivatives, extracts, cannabinoids, isomers that derive from hemp.
These sections of HB 3449 outline Delta-9 legality in South Carolina:
South Carolina House Bill 3449
(6) "Federally defined THC level for hemp" means a delta-9 THC concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis, or the THC concentration for hemp defined in 7 U.S.C. SECTION 5940, whichever is greater.
(7) "Handling" means possessing or storing hemp for any period of time. "Handling" also includes possessing or storing hemp in a vehicle for any period of time other than during its actual transport from the premises of a licensed person to cultivate or process industrial hemp to the premises of another licensed person. "Handling" does not mean possessing or storing finished hemp products.
(8) "Hemp" or "industrial hemp" means the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of that plant, including the nonsterilized seeds thereof and all derivatives, extracts, cannabinoids, isomers, acids, salts, and salts of isomers, whether growing or not, with the federally defined THC level for hemp. Hemp shall be considered an agricultural commodity.
(9) "Hemp products'' means all products with the federally defined THC level for hemp derived from, or made by, processing hemp plants or hemp plant parts, that are prepared in a form available for commercial sale, including, but not limited to, cosmetics, personal care products, food intended for animal or human consumption, cloth, cordage, fiber, fuel, paint, paper, particleboard, plastics, and any product containing one or more hemp-derived cannabinoids, such as cannabidiol. Unprocessed or raw plant material, including non sterilized hemp seeds, is not considered a hemp product.
How is hemp-derived THC federally allowed?
The 2018 Farm Bill addressed the decade-long question of cannabis legalization. For a number of years, the federal government did not distinguish between hemp and cannabis. Under the Controlled Substances Act, both substances were deemed illegal and designated as controlled substances (CSA).
The Farm Bill revised the CSA, separated hemp from marijuana, and legalized it after extensive research. Marijuana remained banned across the United States, as did Cannabis sativa strains with THC levels exceeding the legal limit. The Department of Agriculture of the United States now acknowledges hemp as a product. However, the federal legalization of marijuana does not result in the simultaneous modification of state legislation.
What exactly is Delta 9?
Delta 9 or Delta 9 THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is a cannabinoid or chemical component isolated from hemp. Historically, THC was referred to as "weed" due to its association with marijuana. This relationship is also responsible for the lawmakers' perplexity and hesitancy while formulating regulations.
However, more research demonstrated that THC could also be extracted from hemp. Hemp is a kind of cannabis that contains less than 0.3% THC by dry weight. Its primary effect is to reduce brain activity in order to alleviate insomnia, loss of appetite, and pain. THC may induce euphoria, however its effect is negligible when used in moderation.
What are the top benefits of Delta 9 THC?
- Pain Relief: Delta 9 THC has been found to be an effective pain reliever, especially for chronic pain.
- Anxiety Relief: Delta 9 THC has been found to help reduce anxiety symptoms in some individuals.
- Appetite Stimulant: Delta 9 THC has been found to increase appetite in some individuals, making it beneficial for those who suffer from eating disorders or have difficulty eating due to medical conditions.
- Neuroprotection: Delta 9 THC has been found to have neuroprotective properties, which may help protect against neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Delta 9 THC has been found to have anti-inflammatory properties, which may be beneficial for people suffering from chronic inflammation.
Can you buy delta 9 in South Carolina?
Buying Delta-9 has never been simpler in South Carolina. If you are at least 21 years old, you can purchase hemp-derived Delta-9 and other hemp goods. Because hemp is federally allowed, Delta 9 goods can be purchased online in South Carolina, but they must meet state requirements.
In South Carolina, if a product contains more than 0.3% of hemp-derived Delta-9, it is deemed unlawful and classified as "marijuana."
Purchase your hemp products from a reputable merchant, such as Snoozy. Continuous testing is conducted to guarantee that our products meet state regulations and maintain a consistent level of quality.
Is Delta 9 lawful in South Carolina, regardless of the quantity of goods one may possess?
In South Carolina, there are presently no restrictions on the quantity of hemp products one may possess. You may acquire an unlimited amount of Delta 9 as long as the THC level is within the legal limit.
Nevertheless, purchasers must also guarantee that their products comply with the federal Farm Bill. Whoever grows and manufactures Delta 9 must be licensed by the state and acquire hemp in accordance with Department of Agriculture regulations. Even if a state has not yet legalized Delta 9, its products can be transported to other states.
Where to Purchase Delta 9
Use our CBD Store Locator to find Snoozy in your area! Delta 9 THC is more potent than CBD and Delta 8 THC, however, it is less prevalent at this time. The easiest method to ensure availability is to purchase it from internet retailers. Due to the debate and fine line that governs its legality, however, you must get your product exclusively from reputable online vendors.
If you're looking for a product that complies with the law, check out our vegan and organic Delta 9 THC gummies at Snoozy. Snoozy's products are derived from legitimate sources and are both safe and effective. The Delta 9 Bedtime Gummies provide the finest quality and consistency of sleep. It contains chamomile, L-theanine, and cannabinoids extracted from hemp to promote better sleep.
You can also check out our CBN Sleep Gummies, which do not contain THC. These flavorful Delta 9 THC candies provide a restful night's sleep while enhancing morning alertness.
Snoozy complies with federal regulations and can send merchandise over state lines. On each bottle is printed a Certificate of Analysis for transparency and reliability. It is to check that the products you purchase adhere to the laws governing hemp and its derivatives.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any concerns or inquiries; we would be happy to help!